Precision Garage Door Openers of Knoxville
Serving The Entire Knoxville Metro Area Including Anderson, Blount, Knox, Loudon, Roane, Sevier & Union Counties
Call Precision if you have a problem with your garage door opener.
We provide expert garage door opener repair and have a large selection of new openers in stock.
If you are looking for a new model, Precision offers a variety of the latest garage door openers. Today's garage door openers are loaded with features for your convenience and safety.
You may not need a new opener. If you are not sure, please give us a call. We provide expert garage door opener repair
Quickly Learn Which Garage Door Opener Is Best For You...
There are 3 Main Types of Openers:
Chain Driven Openers- Chain drives are commonly used, economical and reliable. It uses a metal chain on a track to move the door. Chain drive tend to be loud. If your garage is attached to your home, this may not be the best choice. Especially, if the garage is below a bedroom. Because the cost difference between chain drive and belt drive is small, we most often recommend the belt drive.
Belt Driven Openers- Belt drives tend to be as reliable as chain drives and often the warranty on a belt drive is better. They are also virtually silent, so they are a very good choice when the garage is attached to the home.
Screw Driven Openers- Screw drive openers use a lifting device that runs on a threaded steel rod, rather than a chain or a rubber belt. These openers tend to work best in locations where the weather and temperature are constant throughout the year. In areas with a wide range of temperature throughout the year, a screw drive opener is not recommended. They also are the slowest moving and noisiest of all three openers but are the least expensive.
Proper Garage Door Installation
Although this video begins a bit like a commercial it will help you understand what makes for a good garage door opener installation. Having your new garage door opener installed properly will make sure it operate smoothly and quietly for a long time.
Recommended Garage Door Openers For New Installation
PDS800® Newton DC Powered Garage Door Operator With Available Battery Back-Up-
The energy-efficient, DC-powered operator that runs at an AC-equivalent speed. DC drive motor with soft-start and soft-stop for smooth, quiet, long-term reliable performance
Efficient design results in ongoing energy savings.
- Ultra-Smooth and Quiet Operation
Variable speed operation delivers ultra-smooth, quiet performance, increasing long-term reliability.
- Safety First, Safety Always
If the obstacle-sensing beam is crossed when the door is closing, the door reverses to fully open.
- Park or Reverse Door
To permit both ventilation and access, the garage door can be stopped and parked during either upward or downward travel.
- Secure, Responsive Remote Control
Linear remote controls operate over a long range and employ high-security technology.
- Deluxe Wall Station
All controls are large, clearly marked and illuminated (door UP/DOWN control, courtesy light switch, and vacation mode).
- Automatic Courtesy Light
A built-in 100W MAX light illuminates the garage for five minutes every time the operator is used.
- Easy Door Release
When you need to open or close the garage door manually, simply release the operator's quick-disconnect trolley.
8550W DC Battery Backup Belt Drive
Includes 3-button elite remote control and smart control panel
- Confidently know what’s going on at home with MyQ® Technology. It lets you monitor and control your Garage Door Opener and home lighting from anywhere (when paired with the Internet Gateway).
- Receive email or text alerts so you always know the status of your garage door and home lighting.
- Download the MyQ® mobile app for free. No annual activation fee required.
- Compatible with HomeLink®
- Requires 828LM MyQ Internet Gateway to connect to MyQ Smartphone App.
- Get in your garage even when the power is out with Battery Backup.
- Always know your garage door is closed with Timer-to-Close, which automatically close the door after a pre-programmed number of minutes.
- Have your Garage Door Opener's lights turn on when you enter the garage with the Motion Detector feature.
- Prevent the door from closing if anything interrupts the safety beam that crosses the garage door opening.
- Lock down your garage door and electronically monitor against a forced opening with PosiLock®.
- Lifetime motor and belt, five-year parts and one-year Battery Backup warranties.
Direct Drive Garage Door Openers
8500 Liftmaster Jackshaft Opener -
The Liftmaster Model 8500 Jackshaft Opener offers an ultra-quiet, space-saving, wall-mounted design. Specially designed for garages and unique applications that don't allow for a traditional garage door opener, such as garages with very low, cathedral or obstructed ceilings.
Ultra-quiet 24V DC motor performance
Optional EverCharge™ battery backup system reliably opens the door even when the power goes out
Jackshaft Garage Door Opener Wall-Mount Installation - mounts on the left or right side of the door - Saves tons of Ceiling Space
Easily program additional remotes, keypads and/or keyless entry.
Auto-force technology monitors garage door system and adjusts forces to temperature fluctuations, floor height, and door track movement.
Do not hesitate to call us today at any of our locations to learn more about our openers. We will be happy to answer any further questions.